Sunday 16 December 2012

Update to November 11 post: The Perfect Gift for Grandparents

This weekend I received the last batch of personalized photo gifts, including the calendar I made for my parents-in-law.  As I said in my November 11 post, I decided to use mixbook.com this time to create the calendar.  I was very lucky because just when I was creating the calendar, Mix Book had a buy one get one free deal so I was able to get 4 calendars for the price of 2 and will give the other ones to my husband's siblings.  This way everyone can keep track of the birthdays and anniversaries in the family.

Anyway, all is all, I was super happy with Mix Book.  I found there were many templates to choose from for the calendar. I used this template design:

Via Mix Book

And the most important part is that I was able to add as many photos per page as I needed.  This made making the calendar so much easier and faster - a big bonus.  As I mentioned in my November 11 post, previously I used Costco's calendar template and wasn't able to add more than one or two pictures so I had to create collages in Picasa of multiple pictures then upload them to the calendar - a big hassle.  Unfortunately with Mix Book you have to pay shipping, but I think it is worth it.

Hope my in-laws love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment