Tuesday 18 December 2012

Gift for your Neighbour - DIY

Every year, I (well, my husband and I!) bake cookies and put them in a nice Christmas themed tin canister to give to our next door neighbours. This year, I wanted to do something slightly different and while browsing online I fell in love with a monogrammed Christmas tree ornament on Pottery Barn's website:

Via Pottery Barn

Simple yet personal and would be a perfect addition to our yummy cookies.  Unfortunately when I went to purchase it, it was no longer available.  My fault for doing so too later.

Anyway, instead today I went to Michael's hoping I can find ideas to make my own ornament and I found all I needed.  So here is my plan:

I bought this porcelain ornament from Michael's:



I also bought a fancier ribbon to replace the existing one:



And finally I bought some Martha Stewart adhesive stencil and some acrylic paint, Santa red colour:




I'm hoping to paint all in red the first letter of my neighbours' last name on the ornament with one of the designs from the stencil.  I should be able to do it tonight so stay tuned for the final result.  I hope it will look great.

But that is not all, I'm still going to bake the cookies but instead of a canister, I will use Mrs. P's idea and place the cookies in a cellophane bag, twist the bag closed with the nice ribbon I got and hang the ornament from the bag.  Maybe it will look something like this:

Via Running in cute heels
Wish me luck and stay tuned for how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment