Monday 17 December 2012

Hello Monday!: DIY Christmas Stockings

So our Christmas tree went up this week-end! It's so much fun to open up that box that sits in storage all year to find all those ornaments and decorations that each have a story to tell. Every piece we put on our tree is symbolic in some way but our Christmas stockings are a little old and sad...They're from my hubby & I's early years together :).  I decided that this year we would get fresh new ones now that it was time to get one for my son too!

I decided that I would make them myself. I can sew so why not? First step? I had to find a design... I immediately found this link. BAM there it was, clean, modern, Helvetica font, swoon...I know, they are definitely not traditional but every decoration on my tree is, and so I say it's OK!

via Teal and Lime

Will have to update you with my final product...I have one week to get my hands on some felt and sit down for a little sewing session. SO excited! You can find the tutorial here.

via Teal & Lime

To be continued :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment