Monday 17 December 2012

Hello Monday!: A gift for the person that has everything

My husband and I finally got some Christmas shopping done this weekend.  It felt so good to cross off names on our list.  While in Chapters we saw a little girl (she couldn't have been older than 2 years) making swirls with a paint brush on a board.  At first we were taken by how cute she was, just like a little artist so into what she was doing.  Then we became curious about the item she was using.  It was the Buddha Board:

Via Indigo
It's funny because I had seen this item online and in the store in a box and never gave it more than a look, but seeing that little girl use it, I finally understood what it was and fell in love with it.  Basically, it is a board with a paint brush and a little place to put water.  You dip the brush in the water and paint whatever your heart desires on the board.  The strokes turn black and as the water evaporates the board turns white again.  I am a firm believer in the power of painting, drawing and colouring...for me it is one of the most relaxing exercises and this is a perfect way to master the "art of letting go" as one reviewer put it on Indigo's site.

This gift is perfect for the office, for a study desk or even in a family room.  I ended up buying two mini ones to use as stocking stuffers and will likely buy some more (and definitely one for myself!).

Mini Buddha Board via Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment