Friday 23 November 2012

Friday Fabulous Find: Scholar's Choice


In my neighbourhood there is a store called “Scholar’s Choice”.  I have lived in the area for 4 years and I pass the store almost every day and never visited.  At first I thought it was a store for school teachers, educators, etc. but then I heard it sold toys to anyone.  So yesterday, I needed to kill some time as my son was taking a quick nap in the car (of course, I left him with my husband) and decided to take a peak in the store to see what this place is all about (for those of you who are very familiar with this store, this probably sounds silly and maybe a little ignorant on my part – too brain washed to just go to Toys R Us for toys).  As soon as I entered and saw all the educational and craft like toys and activities, I was so excited!  I immediately starting thinking of all the kids I know that are on my Christmas list.  It was like a great discovery...I even saw craft kits I would like to buy for myself.  The best part is that Scholar’s Choice has a website, a member's savings card and gift wrapping on site. 

Here are a few of my favourites.

Thinking I would like this for my 10 month old son.  He loves music and banging on things!

Via Scholar's Choice

I purchased this hair band making kit for one of my girlfriend’s daughter’s for her fifth birthday; I would love to try the kit myself.
Via Scholar's Choice

I know there are a lot of DIY projects you can do with your children, but not many mother’s have the time to come up with ideas or have the DIY in them, so I think craft kits like the following one by Alex is great for toddlers.

Via Scholar's Choice

This one I will definitely get for my 18 month old nephew who loves to look at pictures of animals, so this should be fun for him and very stimulating.

Via Scholar's Choice
I definitely recommend this store and I am happy I finally took a peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment