Monday 8 April 2013

Getting Organized: Front Entrance Hallway - Coat hooks

Now that we have a little bench for the little one to sit on to put on his shoes we need some sort of coat rack to hang our coats. We have a front entrance coat closet but if you have little ones at home you know how much easier it is just to throw your coat and your little one's on a hook when you're on your way in with your hands full.
Coat rack via Crate & Barrel

So I've searched and searched and I'm considering this one from Crate & Barrel. It has great reviews, looks durable and is affordable for a piece that should become a permanent fixture in our home. I like that the hooks are more like knobs so they won't stick out in our narrow hallway and hit someone in the head or shoulder. I also like that the knobs are not stationary so you can slide them around to use as needed depending on the garments & accessories you need to hang. You can find it as well as other nice options like the one below here.

Coat rack via Crate & Barrel

However the big debate began when I found these darlings. My son is VERY into animals right now and I love that these would add a touch of whimsy to our home. They would kind of alert all that enter our humble abode that we are definitely not an ordinary bunch and that we don't take ourselves too seriously. I know my son would love them and that I secretly would too! They're the kind of accents that just make you smile you know? The thing is, as pretty as they are, I'm not sure they would hold up to the abuse our family might unleash on these little hooks...Could they hold up my husbands heavy winter parka? Could they hold my son's eventual school bag filled with heavy books? Probably not, but that's what the entrance coat closet is for right? Ok...so the debate will have to go on!

Coat hook via Rockett St George

Coat hook via Rockett St George

Coat hook via Rockett St George

Coat hook via Rockett St George

Coat hook via Rockett St George

Want to go completely wild? I found them in color & dinosaurs too! Just one, two or three of these would be a really sweet gift for someone's nursery if it fit their theme!

Coat hook via The Modern Baby

Coat hook via The Modern Baby

Coat hook via The Modern Baby

Coat hook via The Modern Baby

Coat hook via The Modern Baby

Coat hook via The Modern Baby


No comments:

Post a Comment