Tuesday 30 April 2013

Baptism Favour Ideas - a Nice Way to Say Thank you

A friend of mine asked me for recommendations for baptism favours for her son's baptism.  I gave her a few ideas:

1- Picture frame with picture of her son

This is a great idea for a small immediate family baptism and this is what I did for my son's baptism last year. I bought a nice picture frame for each family that was invited and because the group was small I was able to shop for a frame that I thought would suit each household and I put a picture of my son in the frame.  I made sure everyone knew they should be comfortable changing the picture if they would like!  The idea was more to give them a frame to say thank you.  I bought nice sturdy gift bags from Pritchard, took out the fabric handles and replaced them with a bow made out of tulle.  I also attached a little organza bag with some candy and a cross on the bags. I like this idea because most people can make use of a picture frame.  This is how the final result looked:



2- Donation to a Children's Hospital on behalf of your guests

I have attended many large baptisms where a card from the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) was placed in front of each guests' plate indicating to the guest that a donation was made on their behalf to CHEO as a thank you.  My understanding is you obtain the cards from CHEO.  With the card, the host in most cases has left a little something for the guest to take away, like a chocolate favour.  A donation is a great gift that may have a bigger impact than a tricket received by each guest.

3- "Comfort Candles" with Quote or Verse

This is an idea my friend had already thought of that I had also seen done at other baptisms.  I really like these "comfort candles".  They come in a variety of shapes and a variety of quotes or verses.  We received two of these from friends when we got engaged and then we received two more from baptisms we have attended.  They are neutral so they could suit any household; they look nice; they come nicely packaged in their own box and they can send a message to your guests, whether religious or inspirational.  These are a few I found were being sold online.

Trust in the Lord
Via The Lamp Stand
A friend is someone whose warm loving ways can lighten our hearts and brighten our days
Via Green Earth
The Lord's Prayer

Via The Lamp Stand
I've been informed that in Ottawa these can be purchased at Salem Store House, in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment