Tuesday 2 April 2013

Getting organized: Front entrance hallway - Stools & Benches

We live in a multi level townhouse and our entrance is very very narrow. I've known since we moved in that getting our entrance to function well was going to take some thought and creativity. There's no room for a regular adult size bench due to the narrowness of the hallway but I needed at least a small bench for my son to sit and put on his shoes. I was pleased to find this new item at Ikea last week. It's the perfect size for him to sit and a very sturdy piece for the great price of $19.99.

Trogen footstool via Ikea


Had we had the space this is the full size bench I had planned on purchasing but even this slim bench would take up too much room.


Bench via Zone Maison

Bench via Zone Maison

Bench via Zone Maison

I also really like these:

Bench via Zone Maison
Bench via Zone Maison

Bench via Zone Maison



Once my son gets a little bigger I think I'll switch up this low footstool bench for something like this so we can all have a place to sit to put on our shoes. Unfortunately for now, due to space, it's one or the other and he's not quite big enough to climb onto something like this on his own.

Stool via Mobilia

Stool via Mobilia

Stool via Zone Maison

Stool via The Modern Shop

Stool via The Modern Shop

Stool via Zone Maison

Stool via The Modern Shop
I like that the last few options here come in fun colors...they're strong enough for adults and still kid friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment