Wednesday 27 March 2013

Easter Baskets Modified

I am trying to keep my Easter "Baskets" for my son's friends functional this year and I had a great time shopping at my local dollar store.  I hesitate buying toys at the dollar store but sometimes the finds are just as good as other places!  Instead of a basket I got sand buckets that came with one shovel.  They came in a variety of colours so I got at least one of each.

Instead of tissue paper to fill the bucket, I went with candy fillable eggs and I filled them with candy.  It added colour and I hope the kids will like playing with the eggs just as much as my son does.  He loves opening and closing them and filling them with items.  





One of my greatest finds were these books. The top ones are colouring books (for the kids ages 18 months and above) and the bottom one is a bathtime book (for the under one year).  Why do I love these so much??? It is because the words are in French and English - great for any kid that is learning to speak both languages which is the case with my son and his friends - and because they are sturdy.




I know some parents hate receiving chocolate and too much of it at Easter for their kids so I tried to keep the chocolate and candy the secondary focus of my basket, but I couldn't omit it completely.  So I bought these cute looking bunnies filled with smarties - just the right amount of chocolate.





I packaged them all and here is how they looked (as a tip if you are preparing these, make sure you tape your items together and to the bucket so that they don't shift and fall out).




And then I realized I was out of cellophane bags and wraps...so this post unfortunately is to be continued.  I am hoping to head out tomorrow to buy some, and to wrap the package in time to post the final result tomorrow night.  Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment