Friday 29 March 2013

A dress for a wedding...

Finding a dress for a wedding...Sounds simple right? Spring is upon us and there are millions of beautiful dresses just waiting for an excuse to be bought and worn! With a May wedding coming up I have the perfect excuse to run out and splurge on one! Trouble is I'll be nearing the end of my second trimester by then...how do you plan for that? It's hard to tell how big I'll be but I don't want to wait until the last minute to try and find something!

As Yolanda S. has previously posted last week, finding on trend & quality maternity pieces at an affordable price is not so easy! Luckily in Montreal we have H&M and some of their stores do carry a maternity line. It's not a big collection and the good items go quickly so you need to go often. Unfortunately they don't really carry special occasion pieces.

I've been looking online and I'm starting to consider regular sized dresses in more forgiving shapes (and maybe a size up from my usual if necessary?).

I found these dresses at BCBG. They would need some serious neck and/or wrist jewelry to dress them up (as well as a great pair of heels) but one of these might just do the trick:

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG

Dress via BCBG


I also found these at All Saints:

Dress via All Saints

Dress via All Saints

I love shopping online for all kinds of items (household/decor items, gifts, books, shoes or other accessories) but I find clothing the hardest as all brands have different sizing scales. Add to that my growing belly and this becomes quite a gamble....If anyone knows of a store that sells special occasion maternity dresses in Montreal I'd love to hear about it. In the meantime my online search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment