Thursday 10 January 2013

My Tip of the Week!: Gift for a one year old

Everyone keeps asking me what they should get my little guy for his upcoming first birthday.  That is a difficult question!  My son just received a ton of toys for Christmas so he already has more than he needs, and the sad part is that he spends more time following me around and playing in the cupboards than with any of his toys.  In upcoming days, I will definitely list a few gifts I think as a one year old he will need and enjoy, but for today I will tell you about the gift I am making for him.  In addition to "the" Pottery Barn Chair, I ordered for him (as posted on Monday) I will be making him a picture book.  He loves flipping through picture books and he loves looking at pictures so I am going to make him photobook of the people and things around him (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, etc.).  This will not only make a nice souvenir for later but it will be good for him to start learning people's names, etc.  He is already saying a few words and this will help expand the vocabulary he will need daily.  The photo book will need to be small and pocket sized like the following.

5.5 x 5 - Via Black's

Small CEWE PHOTOBOOK
5 x7 - via Tiny Prints



Planes, Trains & Autos Kids Photo Books
6 x 4 - Mixbook


These are my favourite options.  I prefer the Black's option because it is a square book and the smallest size and it seems simple inside.  I will see which one ships faster.  The best part is that both Black's and Tiny Prints have sales on these items right now!  Hope he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment