Friday 6 December 2013

DIY Paper air balloon mobile

I wanted to create something special to place over the change table to keep baby busy while being changed. I came upon quite a few mobile ideas on Pinterest and chose to make something myself. I had been into air balloons, elephants and stars while planning for this baby and so air balloons it was!

My DIY air balloon mobile

There are so many tutorials online...You can follow this one from Simply Frugal.  I followed a few and worked with a free air balloon template I found using Google. I used paper from a pad of cute scrapbook pages in various prints (something like this) and some wood dowels in the craft aisle at Walmart and voila! Not sure how long a paper product will last in our house but it's definitely a cute inexpensive addition to the space.

I used a small clear 3M Command hook to hang the mobile from the ceiling. I love these as they can easily be removed without any damage to your walls. Amazing!
3M Command Hooks via Walmart


This would make a sweet gift to give at a baby shower or to gift over the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment