Monday 2 December 2013

DIY dog bed cover!

Our dog beds are getting old and used up...I shopped around online and found modern dog beds that actually match our decor but are a little pricey for my liking. Then I saw this pic below and thought I can do that! It's pretty much just a pair of extra big pillows!

Dog bed inspiration pic via it's my visual life!

I had a few minutes Saturday afternoon while my husband and eldest were out and baby was sleeping...I whipped out some grey fabric that I had been hoarding for a while :)...perfect for a dog bed as the weave is very tight which makes for a nice durable and pet-friendly fabric!

Star sleeping on his new bed

Star on his new bed

Mookie enjoying his bed

Mookie on his new bed

It literally took me less than 10 minutes per bed cover! I just made a very simple giant envelope type pillow case. Follow this tutorial if need be and just adjust to dimensions wanted for dog bed. Mine was approx. 3ft by 2.5ft.

Easy pillow case tutorial via Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

Last but not least I just stuffed them with the old dog beds! Not bad for 20 minutes of my day and no $$$!

The beds fit perfectly on either side of the sideboard.  Now onto the next item on my list...finding an extra large (affordable) mirror to go over our sideboard...



This DIY would be so easy and inexpensive to do in a fun print or plushy fabric to revamp an old pet bed as a Christmas gift for your favourite furry friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment