Thursday 8 August 2013

Baptism Celebration To Do List

Lately I have felt like I have been running around in circles and not accomplishing anything.  This is what happens to me when I don't have "good" ideas and this is what was happening with the planning of my son's baptism.  The baptism is coming up soon and I haven't accomplished much.  I kept hitting walls until recently.

The baptism will be small, only parents (grandparents) and siblings and each of their family so we will be around 40 people.

We picked and booked the venue - Kalisto Greek Restaurant.  Cute little place, perfect for a group of 40, with great food and wonderful service.  I wanted somewhere small enough so that we can fill it and almost have it exclusively to ourselves.  Eli, the owner, has been so pleasant to deal with. I am sure our guests will enjoy it.

Via Kalisto Greek Restaurant

I also ordered the cake from Irina at Sweet Song Cake.  I tasted her cake recently at a baptism and it was delicious.  The design will be similar to this, but without the cross on top and the rosary around the bottom tier. Instead the rosary will be falling from the top tier and instead of the cross on top there will be one of the following sheep. I also want the cake to be white and silver with a little bit of blue.  I can`t wait to see how it turns out.

Via Cake Central
 There are a ton of cake ideas on the website ww.cakecentral.com.

Via FlickRiver
Aren't they cute!!

Now I am on the hunt for a baptismal outfit for my son, a church outfit for each of my sons, a white dress for me, favours for our guests and ideas for simple decor.

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment