Tuesday 20 August 2013

Baptism Celebration To Do List (continued)

Because I wasn't really looking for a special Godparent gift, it was the easiest thing to find in my baptism celebration preparations. Go figure! Isn't that always the case?  I saw this bookmark on Etsy and it was a "look no more" moment.  I absolutely love it and I will definitely order it for the Godparents, even the ones of my eldest son who got baptized last year.

Via Etsy
I also had the easiest time finding the thank you cards I would like to attach to my favours.  I fell in love with the font and again it was a "look no more" moment.  Seriously though, who finds the tags before deciding on the gift.  The printable was only $0.99 and if I don't use them now, I will find another use for them.

Via Concertina Press
I finally decided on a favour gift to give my guests and I am very excited about my idea.  I wanted a gift that can be used and something meaningful as well.  I decided to go with a small bamboo cutting board engraved with my son's initials and baptism date.   I like the idea of using wood for a religious ceremony...sort of has a humble connotation...plus everyone can use a cutting board, especially a small one and finally the engraving gives it a personal touch and makes it a nice keepsake.

I bought the following cutting boards from Home Sense and Winners:

Via Simply Bamboo
Via Simply Bamboo

This weekend I dropped them off at Westboro Signs in Ottawa and Rob was great.  He really seems to know what he is doing and I can't wait to see the results.  I hope they work out and that he is able to engrave on bamboo.  Once I have the cutting boards back, I will package them nicely with the thank you notes above.  Will share pictures of the final result when ready.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this idea will work out!

For the decor, I'm using this picture to inspire me.  Will post pictures of the final result.

Via Something Borrowed Wedding Blog
It's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment