Monday 6 May 2013

Chocolate Favours for Baby's Birth (Part 2)

In my opinion most companies that sell already decorated chocolate favours whether for a birth, wedding or baptism, really fail in the quality of the chocolate.  You end up paying $4 to $6 for the decorated chocolate and when the guest tries to eat the piece of chocolate it tastes old, soapy, and is just bad quality.  The focus is definitely more on the decoration, but I think that defies the purposes.  The purpose of these little chocolates is to offer something small to your guests to say "thank you for coming to visit our new baby".  Of course it is nice for them to look good but it is more important for the guests to enjoy them.

I found a place in Montreal that makes the best tasting little chocolates I have tasted in a while.  The inconvenience is that I had to travel to Montreal to get them but I made a trip out of it to do other shopping and I am sure they would have mailed them to me if I couldn't have gone myself.  The place is called Chocolaterie Le Muguet.  They made our chocolates and wrapped them in white paper for me, as per my request, because I want to decorate them myself.  Here is how they look without the decorations:

Dark chocolate piece

Milk chocolate piece (front and back)



And here is some of her other work for babies.

Via Le Muguet
Via Le Muguet
Via Le Muguet

Via Le Muguet
For weddings

Via Le Muguet
Via Le Muguet
Via Le Muguet
Stay tuned for the final result of the chocolates I decorate.  I hope to complete them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment