Wednesday 27 February 2013

My tip of the week: Anything but video games!

A few days ago a good friend of mine asked me what to get her 10 year old nephew and I was at a loss of ideas...I asked her the next day what she purchased and she said, without enthusiasm: "a video game".  She sounded discouraged, and I agree, as I would be the same.  It seems as though we feel all kids are doing and want to do these days is play video games.  She then told me that her parents bought him a monopoly game and to her big surprise he LOVED it!  I think we underestimate kids these days and fail to realize that some board games are great classics that would be loved by all.  So my tip of the week is, don't hesitate to get a pre-teen one of your favourite classic board games.  You may be surprised!

Via Scholar's Choice
Via Scholar's Choice
Via Scholar's Choice
Via Scholar's Choice

No comments:

Post a Comment