Wednesday 13 February 2013

My tip of the week!: there is nothing wrong with a belated gift

I think we sometimes stress too much over finding that perfect gift and to make matters worse, sometimes we just can't find one by the deadline. This happens to me at times and I have decided that in times like these, when I cannot find or think of the perfect gift by the date of the occasion, I am just going to have to make the person wait.  I stop worrying about the deadline and focus more about the gift.

Funny enough, every time this has happened, something has always clicked and soon after the deadline has passed, I have thought and found the gift I really wanted to give.  Maybe it is the stress of having the deadline lifted that ends up helping.  Of course, I don't do this with everyone but those who are close to me have come to know that sometimes, they just have to wait.   But in the end, they are super happy with what they receive.

So if you just don't have any ideas, and need more time, take the time (but of course, not too much time!).  Let the person know the gift is coming...and I am sure they will be happy when they receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment