Thursday 4 July 2013

Happy Belated Canada Day - A Gift for the Hostess

Happy Belated Birthday Canada! or as my son would say "Happy to you"

We had such a lovely day on Canada Day.  I just love how Canada's capital is filled with people on July 1st.  It is the only day we see so much activity in town and so much patriotism.  My favourite part - the flyby by Canada's Snowbirds.  Absolutely amazing!!

Via Forces
In the afternoon we attended an annual BBQ at a friend's house and I put together a hostess gift suitable for a BBQ with a Canada Day colour theme.  Thanks to Winners I got these items last minute and was able to put a nice package together.

Every hostess should have a beverage dispenser.  So fun, especially for outdoor gatherings.  So I got the hostess this beverage dispenser from Winners.

Amazon
I also got her this beverage.  The flavour sounded good (pomegranate blueberry lemonade) and I really liked the bottle as perhaps something that could be used after the beverage is done.  Plus it was red and perfect for the Canada Day theme.

Via Euro Bubblies

I stuffed the dispenser with red mesh and slid the bottle into it so that it holds.  I held the dispenser's lid with tape at its opening and secured with the bottle and then wrapped it all with cellophane.  It looked great.  I took an extra bottle of the beverage with me to the BBQ as one would be done fairly quickly.


Here is how it looked (not the greatest picture, I know...but my son misplaced by USB key that connects the camera to the computer so this is the only picture I have that I can upload for now).



No comments:

Post a Comment