Monday 8 July 2013

Guilty guilty guilty but busy busy busy!

So I'm feeling a little very guilty seeing as I have not been giving GiftLOVE any love this past while...The truth is I keep adding projects to my to do list while I'm barely chiseling at the existing mountain of "to do" items I want to do before the baby comes...I have completed a few and am part way through a few more...

I thought if I shared my intentions with the "cyber universe" I'd be more likely to hold myself accountable...so here goes, my short list (items I absolutely want to do before the baby comes from my long aka never ending to do list):

1) Build my son a teepee. Done. Will share pics of the final product this week. Check out inspiration here and here and here as well as the tutorial I followed here.

Teepee inspiration via 6th Street Design School

2) Find items for the new baby that will fit in the "nook" in our bedroom that he will be sharing with us for the first few months (before joining his big brother in a shared bedroom). Will share challenges of having a second baby in a 2 bedroom home (It's really a 3 bedroom but the hubby works out of the third as a home office full time)...the products that I am soooo glad I found (this compact crib especially!) and finally hopefully in the next month, photos of the finished nursery-nook.

Inspiration to create a nursery "nook" in our master bedroom via  These Moments of Mine

3) Redecorate my son's nursery to make him a special big boy's room before the baby comes...Again, will share all the fun (and practical) items I found to redecorate on a budget!

Fun accents to decorate my son's new big boy room via Gathered Nest Design on Etsy

4) Finally pick the paint colours and backsplash to refresh our kitchen and home this coming month. Have you ever looked for the perfect grey??? I've found that I'm not the only one feeling a little overwhelmed over what grey to use. Check out these helpful articles here, here and here.

Benjamin Moore Greys via Thrifty Decor Chick

5) I have many DIY's I'm currently working on.  I'm currently making my version of this, this and/or this, and this and hope to try to make this, this and one or two of these! Will update as I complete projects...These are all to decorate my son's rooms or our living space but can all be made to gift to a loved one!

Similar to a garland I'm currently working on sold on Etsy via Lullaby Mobiles

6) As for gift giving in the immediate future, I need to find a small gift for my brother and his wife's first wedding anniversary, a birthday gift for my godson's 3rd birthday, a housewarming gift for my brother-in-law and his wifey and something special for my father's upcoming birthday...Will share what I find...

1st wedding anniversary gift idea - Antique white heart throw embroidered with the couples names and wedding date  via Things Remembered

7) Last big item on the short list? My son's 3rd birthday...I think we will keep it small this year - like tiny small...I read somewhere that a nice rule to follow is to invite as many friend's as the child's age...I think we will do just that! He had a huge first birthday party (30+ people I think) and 8 kids for his second party...I think this will be the last year that we can get away with a very small group of friends (and considering I'll be 7+ months pregnant by then momma needs to keep things simple!  I will still do a theme of course (I can't help that!) and considering his new found obsession with dinosaurs...a dino party it will be! I'm thinking dino cupcakes in cones using these fondant molds or these which are ready to use to decorate, DIY dino tails & these cute "loot bags" but using dino books and lots of dino balloons of course!! Will definitely share once it all comes together!

DIY dino tail tutorial via Running with Scissors
Updates coming soon ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment