Friday 19 July 2013

DIY Teepee!

As I mentioned last week, I really wanted to get my son a play teepee this summer but found the options (here and here) a little expensive (especially so when you add the shipping and duties from the US!)...and so I thought I can sew, why not try! I found many tutorials online but as previously mentioned this is the one I followed.  I definitely tweaked a few things along the way but it was a good base to work from.

DIY Teepee tutorial via My Poppet
I got the striped fabric from IKEA, you can find it here in orange/white, blue/white, red/white and green/white stripe. I was pleasantly surprised as it really replicated the same look as the Land of the Nod one I wanted. I added up all the components I used to make this teepee and it added up to just under $50. I think that's a pretty good deal! Also, this is very easy to store as it retracts into itself when it's time to put it away.

Drum roll please! :) Here it is...apologies for the bad Iphone pic...

My son's new teepee!

Now I just need to make some kind of massive pillow to make it a little cozier in there and maybe a string of lights to add some whimsy! 

Massive cushion inspiration via BananaJ Creations

String of lights for a little whimsy! via Tumblr

If you have basic sewing skills and access to a sewing machine I definitely recommend giving it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment