Saturday 15 February 2014

Happy Belated Valentine's Day - Valentine Craft

We celebrated Valentine's Day away from home so we had to be a bit creative with how we did.  I saw the following idea on "As Time Flies" and thought it would be suitable for my 2 year old.

Via As Time Flies
Via As Time Flies
It called for a canvas, paint tape and homemade hand paint (see her site by clicking here for the recipe) but all I had on hand was the back of my son's electronic ticket to Singapore, masking tape and crayons.  I thought it was cool to use the back of the electronic ticket as it marked our time away from home.  The result still turned out sweet.  I stuck the masking tape to write out "Love" and then my son drew over it.  He had fun but his attention span lasted only two mins.  Thankfully he coloured enough to get the effect of the letters.

Here is the final result!  Not bad!

And here he is admiring his work before giving it to daddy.

He was really proud of his work and kept going back to it telling his dad that he did it for him.  Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment