Monday 25 November 2013

Best Early Christmas Gift for my Almost Two Year Old

If you have a two year old kid in your life, you know that they absolutely love pretend play.  Actually our son has loved pretend play for a while now and some of his favourite toys are anything that has to do with the kitchen.  Back in the summer we bought him a kitchen from Ikea and he plays with it all the time.  We love it because it is compact.

Via Ikea

As an early Christmas gift he received this amazing pretend play food set by Learning Resources.  

Via Amazon.com
I found it online at Amazon.com but I know it can also be found sometimes at Costco in store.  It kept my son and his friends really busy.  They would take the items out of the baskets and put them back in; then they would make the food; then they would carry the food in the baskets from one end of the room to the other; and finally they would keep busy asking me the names of the items and repeating them after me.  We spent quite some time playing with the toy, so it is now on top of my list of perfect gifts for a two year old.  It is very hard to keep them interested in one toy at that age, but this one succeeded.

Thank you Kyko and family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment